Accident and Sickness (ASU) Insurance policy for Professional Jockeys
What does it do?
NEW DEVELOPMENT – PRIS is not taken into account when claiming on this policy, so you can get PRIS plus the benefits of this policy!
Protects your Financial commitments if you can’t work due to an accident or sickness
You can choose:-
- accident & sickness cover
- the maximum period of any single claim as 12 or 18 months – maximum £3,000 per month. Always ensure your total cover under this and any other private policies (NOT INCLUDING PRIS) does not exceed 90% of your net income after all normal deductions
- the number of days you will have to be injured/sick before you can claim from either day 1, after 30 days or after 60 days
- PRIS will not be taken into account – so you may receive PRIS payments on top of your benefit from this policy
You can choose to cover most normal regular account payments including mortgage payments, rental payments, car loans, car Insurance and many more. You do not have to cover them all but you must cover them for the correct amount.
Who is eligible?
Professional Jockeys who are
- UK residents
- in full-time active work (be they full-time permanent employees, self-employed or on renewable contracts) and working for more than 16 hours per week,
- regularly paid and are responsible for the commitments covered,
- not off work due to ill health at the point of application and inception of cover.
- over 18 when taking out policy
*allsportsvi website in association with the Professional Jockeys Association.